Thursday, February 25, 2010

Trying to tame the beast that is my mind.


I guess one could say I have and over active imagination. I can't remember a time ever when there wasn't a thought going through my mind. The only thing that seems to be successfull in stopping my train of thought is another thought. This means that in order for me to stay on task I have to either, have complete silence, or just be enthralled in what I am doing. Some people take medication for this but what fun is that? I like being quirky and silly. The world to me is like one of those mosaic pictures...one big beautiful picture full of a bunch of little pictures.

The downside of this vivid imagination is my mind doesn't stop even when I'm sleeping and sometimes the last thing I saw continues on in my dreams. So, if I watch a violent TV show or listen to a person talk about something bad I relive that and often this makes for a rather daunting night. I envy those that sleep through the night. I envy those that can be interrupted mid blog and go right back to what they were typing...

Every since I was a little girl I have had this repetitive dream. I dream of flying and dancing in the air. As I have gotten older I have changed the setting but the feeling is the same. I did a little research and there are so many things that they say this means and what it means to fly upwards, yada yada yada. I read one that said "conventionally flying in a dream relates to sex and sexuality" Whohoo, I am sticking with this one because it sounds the best!

Where was I going with all of that? I don't know. When I pick up my camera something changes and I see things that I didn't see before. I can concentrate on something for longer than a nanosecond. Words mean very little to me but pictures take me to another place...now, I just need to figure out how to put my pictures into words the way people do with music. When I hear a song and listen (or read) the lyrics I see a picture or series of pictures.

I read that writing about your dreams and your visions helps to tame your mind. I don't want a blog full of negative thoughts about other people and so my blog may not be as interesting but maybe I can tame the beast that is my mind.

Christy~
PS, Picture is my cat, Sebastian. I am really a dog person but he acts like a dog so I love him :) He is a bluepoint ragdoll.

No comments:

Post a Comment